Launching the Webportal for
EU MEDUSA PROJECT
Jordan, Lebanon, Catalonia, Tunisia, Puglia
Client EU ENICBCMED| MEDUSA Project
- Create a web-based platform to promote sustainable adventure tourism in 5 regions and destinations of the Mediterranean Basin, plus storytelling.
- Negotiate the sponsoring of the media event at the Adventure Travel World Summit (ATWS) in Switzerland Lugano (October 2022)
- Create a tender for ten service providers in the participating destinations to win the attendance of ATWS, evaluate and report the events’ success in terms of sales and contacts.
- Enrich the Mediterranean Adventures databases of tour operators and international Arrange suitable tour operators and international travel media for 4 FAM and PRESS trips to Catalonia, Puglia, Lebanon, and Jordan and all the communication around these events.
- Evaluate and report on the success of the FAM and PRESS Trip.
On mediterraneanadventures.org, a one-stop sustainable adventure platform, consumers can search and book their adventure in Jordan, Lebanon, Catalonia, Tunisia, and Puglia. At the same time, service providers can promote their sustainable adventure products. The storytelling on the platform is aimed at the lesser visited regions within the destinations to diverge tourist streams.
Create a one-stop shop for travelers to discover the adventure possibilities in the hidden treasures of the Mediterranean Basin. The vision is to diversify tourism streams from overcrowded areas to lesser-known regions and to convert travelers from high-impact to low-impact tourism while creating value for local communities and service providers.
- 1 web platform
- 3 press releases
- 45+ long read feature stories
- 400+ selected images and videos
- 1 Operator tender plus implementation
- Participation and sponsoring ATWS
- Enriched databases (2500+ contacts added).
4 FAM and PRESS trips
- Marco Barneveld Creative Director | Strategy | Copywriting | SEO & SMA
- Frits Meyst Team Leader | Photography | Art Direction | Design |
- Martina Sedlakova Stakeholder & Project management
- Demian Taq Web development
- Peter Brennan Technical Director
“I had the pleasure of working closely with Frits Meyst and Marco Barneveld – from the WideOyster team over the past year, where we worked together on developing the Mediterranean Adventures platform mediterraneanadventures.org.
The WideOyster team brought in excellent understanding of the adventure sector and its needs, which nicely shaped the way the platform is presented”
Project Leader – MEDUSA Jordan